Thursday, January 17, 2013

Nauseated. Not nauseous!

Nauseated and nauseous.They are two different words, and everybody says 'I feel nauseous' when referring to feeling queasy. It used to be that Nauseated was the word for that, and Nauseous was used to refer to being annoying to the point of making someone feel Nauseated....(You know, like me!) 




Nauseous = Causing nausea; sickening
Nauseated = To be feeling, or having been caused to feel nausea.
 
Ok, so let's put a scene together, the first conversation will be between a proper person, and an improper grammarist...(Wait, that is improper grammarism ((DOUBLE OFFENSE))) Ok, not what I said there.

 Here are the scenarios:

Improper Person: I feel nauseous!!

Proper Person: Really? I thought you were quite pleasant!

Scenario, round two:

Improper Person: Are you nauseous?

Proper Person: What?!?!? Why would you ask something like that? You have known me for so long, and you ask now?

Scenario, round three:


Proper Person: I'm nauseated! Call 911!!!
 
Improper Person: What does that mean?? What is "nauseated"?
 
Proper Person: *Passes Out* 
 
Improper Person: I asked you a question and you don't respond, and instead try to play the victim? 

Proper Person: *Dies*

Ok, that last one is HIGHLY unlikely, but you get the point, right? 
 
 
Goodbye folks! I done gotta go now, so may Christ's peace be with you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment